IDS AirNav and Zambia Airports Corporation successfully accomplished the execution of the Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) of the Aeronautical Information Management (AIM) System.
Zambia Airports Corporation mandate is to develop, maintain and manage the four designated international airports and to provide air navigation services throughout the Republic of Zambia.
Such integrated HW/SW system is provided to Zambia Airports Corporation by IDS AirNav, with the following main missions:
• Aeronautical Data Management.
• Terrain and obstacle data management and obstacle charting production.
• Creation and maintenance of aeronautical charts based on GIS technology.
• Flight procedure and airspace design.
• Airspace and route design and management.
• Workflow management, from data acquisition to data dissemination.
• Web based and Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP) solution.
• Web based solution, designed to accommodate the transition from AIS to AIM for NOTAMs, Flight Plans, Meteorological Data Management and Briefing Activities.
• Aeronautical Message Handling System (AMHS).
The Factory Acceptance Test is the key project milestone, in view of the subsequent Site Acceptance Tests and AIM System Commissioning, which are planned throughout 2020.